North End redevelopment
The £530,000 revamp of our North End site in Preston was completed in September 2009 and forms part of our ongoing programme of redevelopment.
The 12-week project included:
- Construction of a new canopy
- 2,500 square metres of Spar branded retail space
- Introduction of Asian sweets retailer, Ambala
- Introduction of a JJ Beanos self service coffee machine
- Installation of ancillary services such as an ATM, two new jet washes and an Air Vac
- Creation of 12 new parking spaces
- Installation of eight new pumps
As a result year on year fuel sales increased by 33% and retail sales by 55%.